By creating a Professional Profile, you acknowledge and agree to each of the following:
- Authorised Person. You are a principal or employee authorised to create a Professional Profile for the Pro.
- Accurate Information.
- You will provide accurate, truthful, and complete information regarding your business, and keep all business information up to date;
- You will create only one Professional Profile for each location of your business;
- You will pick a business category that accurately describes your products and services; and
- Professional Profiles created for business categories not supported by Houzz will be removed without notice
- License Information. If your profession or business requires licensure, you agree to provide all licensing information necessary to advertise your business online on Houzz. Additionally you represent that any licensing information you provide is accurate and up to date;
- Projects. You agree that any Projects posted on your Professional Profile represent your own work, and you will not claim credit for the work of others;
- Affiliations. Houzz may enable you to display your affiliation with certain trade associations relevant to your business. You agree that you will only choose those organisations with which you are actually affiliated for display on your Professional Profile, and promptly remove any affiliations if no longer current. You agree that in certain circumstances Houzz may display your affiliation with certain trade association partners on your Professional Profile on your behalf, e.g. upon verification of membership by the trade association.
- Houzz Trade Programme. You may be eligible for inclusion in the Houzz Trade Programme as a Houzz Trade Programme Pro. Eligible Customers of Houzz Trade Programme Pros may qualify for discounts on purchases of certain products from the Houzz Shop. Additionally, Houzz Trade Programme Pros may be eligible to receive credits equal to a percentage of their Eligible Customers’ total Houzz Shop purchases, which may be used to purchase products in the Houzz Shop. Not all professionals will be eligible for the Houzz Trade Programme and some products are not eligible for customer discount or use of credits. Admission into the Houzz Trade Programme is not available to the public and is at Houzz’s sole discretion. Misuse of the Houzz Trade Programme, as determined in Houzz’s sole discretion, can result in termination of your membership and immediate revocation of any accrued benefits. Houzz also reserves the right to cancel any discount or credit that it deems was mistakenly granted or earned improperly (for example, if a Houzz Trade Programme Pro shared its account log in with a non-eligible customer). “Eligible Customers” means current or prior customers of your home professional business and excludes you, your family, and employees. Customers may only be “Eligible Customers” for one Pro at a time. Please contact Houzz for additional details.
- No Guaranteed Placements. The appearance of your Professional Profile in Houzz search results is not guaranteed and is dependent on a number of factors, including without limitation the popularity and volume of photos, reviews, and user interactions. Houzz does not guarantee specific placements on Houzz except as part of paid local marketing packages;
- Reviews. Customers may review your business on your Professional Profile. You understand and agree that while all Reviews must follow our Review Policy, Houzz does not remove negative Reviews that do not violate our Review Policy, regardless of whether a Pro is a paying customer or not. Houzz may provide a means for you to request reviews from current and past customers, in which case Houzz will only use customer contact information for the purpose of sending the request.
- Removal. If you remove or deactivate your Professional Profile, subject to applicable law any postings, reviews, photos, or comments you upload prior to deactivation may remain published on the Site after removal or deactivation.
Last updated February 23, 2017